CO7 Technologies specializes in the design and manufacture of switching, protection and control solutions used in the distribution of energy for millions of homes and businesses. We commercialize medium voltage circuit breakers (up to 38kV) used in substations of utilities around the world. (see our website for more details: www.co7tech.com )
Being a growing company, we are looking for an Application Engineer at our Lachine offices.
The Application Engineer will support the sales team regarding technical aspects of the sale, create solutions integrating our products to meet customer needs and provide after-sales service. She (he) will also be involved in the development of new products by working closely with the R&D team. This is a position with many interesting challenges and potential for advancement.
It is possible, if the circumstances of the pandemic permit, that travel to customers in the United States and Canada will be required. At this time, many video calls will be expected.
- Identify customer needs and propose appropriate solutions;
- Make technical presentations to clients;
- Prepare bids and proposals;
- Develop the necessary tools to facilitate the preparation of proposals;
- Develop proofs of concept and develop tailor-made solutions for clients;
- Actively participate in the design of new products with the R&D team;
- Project management
- Ensure the transfer of the project requirement to the engineering department;
- Ensure the link between the engineering department and the client.
- Participate in the creation of marketing documents;
- Assist the customer during the installation of products by phone or on site;
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
Skills and abilities
- University degree in electrical or mechanical engineering;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Québec;
- 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the field of low and medium voltage electrical distribution and protection;
- Experience in the field of electrical switchgear MV;
- French and English, spoken and written;
- Available for travel (Canada, USA and international);
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and with flexible hours;
37.5h / week
Salary according to experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent