The Production Manager at CO7 Technologies is someone who keeps the company functioning at the highest level of efficiency to ensure on time delivery of goods in the safest ways for the employees and customers while minimizing risk and maximizing profit. The primary duties are creating policies and procedures, scheduling, and acting as a team leader to ensure staff meet their potential and the team functions at peak efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities
Manufacture quality product | On time and on budget | Keeping people safe
Production Management and Planning
- Establish and monitor processes, systems, procedures, methods and projects designed to promote manufacturing efficiency
- Implement process improvements through utilization of various methods including root cause analysis, Five S, etc.
- Assessing of project and resource needs
- Creating schedules of work for the production team
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Production team utilizing best practices
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction while maintaining high standards of quality ensuring company procedures are being followed by employees
- Organizing equipment repair and routine maintenance
- Work with the Production team and the Quality team to document and investigate quality control issues to effectively prevent similar incidents in the future
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are met
- Providing monthly reports of quality control, production numbers, safety, and other reports and KPIs as needed
- Work in collaboration with the Expeditor in order to ensure the required flow of material
- Work with engineering team in order to train the production team for new product and reduce the risk of error
- Collaborate to the annual inventory count and keeping the correct value for inventory in ERP system.
- Other duties as required
- Ensure workplace is safe and clean through task delegation and educating personnel.
- Train personnel on new equipment and review all equipment and safety procedures based on necessity and scheduled reviews.
- Handle conflict resolution and performance management with support of Human Resources team
- Coach employees
- Communicate any relevant company information and updates to procedures to personnel
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment and training of new employees
- More than 5 years of experience in team management
- BS in Mechanical /electrical engineering, industrial management or any other relevant education is an asset
- A strong working knowledge of safety regulations related to the business
- Project management skills
- Advanced ERP/MRP systems knowledge, we use Odoo
- Employee training skills and knowledge